Hi-Rez Studios announced that Global Agenda, the award winning team-based shooter-MMO, will launch on Monday, February 1, 2010. The game will be available for pre-purchase through the Global Agenda website, Steam and the Amazon.com Marketplace starting today. Players that pre-purchase will receive beta access, in-game items, and other incentives.
Global Agenda players will experience both co-op and competitive multiplayer shooter features after a one-time purchase with no subscription needed. An optional subscription package, called “Global Agenda: Conquest” will be available for players who wish to participate in a massive-scale game of territory control on a persistent world map.
As a special agent playing only the non-subscription features, you may fully level up to eight different agent characters, participating in both player-vs-player and cooperative player-vs-environment missions, as you fight to overturn the totalitarian one-world government, The Commonwealth, and establish yourself inside the game world.
Players in Global Agenda: Conquest form their own groups, called Agencies. These Agencies conquer territory, construct facilities, manufacture vehicles, raid bases, and engage in formal and informal alliances and betrayals on their way toward world domination. The Conquest gameplay will revolve around player-driven politics and emergent gameplay with each battle being resolved via squad-based combat.
A comparison of the features included in the non-subscription and subscription (“Conquest”) portions of the game:
Global Agenda (one time purchase – $49.99 MSRP) includes:
* Creation of up to eight different agent characters
* Character visual customization
* Access to all combat weapons and devices
* Cooperative Player vs. Environment missions against the Commonwealth NPC faction, AI-controlled enemies, and Boss Fights
* Matchmade Player vs. Player missions with a variety of different game types and maps
* Character progression through 100 levels (All devices and skills unlocked by level 30)
* Achievement and unlocks system for individual characters
* Player Inventory for suits, flair, dyes, upgrades, and loot
* Auction House with bidding and buyouts
* Virtual Reality practice fighting area
* Vendors and accumulation of in-game currency
* Text chat with multiple channels
* Built in voice chat during missions
* Ability to join an established player-created agency
* All play is on our single-shard, hosted server environment to ensure convenient and consistent gaming experience.
* Ability to sign up for one free month of Global Agenda: Conquest subscription at registration (credit card required, can be cancelled at any time).
Global Agenda: Conquest ($12.99 per month, $11.49/mo for 3 month, $9.99/mo for 6 month) includes:
* Access to Alliance vs. Alliance (AvA) World Domination gameplay:
o A massive scale campaign between player created agencies and alliances over scarce territory and resources on a persistent world map.
o Attack and Defend Territories in zones that match your agency’s schedule
o Agency and Alliance Management – Create and maintain persistent player groups and officer ranks
o Creation and Upgrading of Facilities – Control production and output
o Base Raids – involving up to 60 players per side; coordinated between 6 different strike teams within linked territory instances
o Agency Achievement System, Leveling, and Recognition
* Mail System
* Upgrade Text and Voice chat to support multiple channels and strike teams
* Player Crafting with blueprints
* Additional character customization options including elite character suits, dye colors, and seasonal flair
* Ongoing Co-Op content at max character level
* Ongoing AvA content, multiplayer PvP content, and new social areas
* Must first purchase Global Agenda to activate a Conquest subscription.
We all know what happened to Tabula rasa and Planet Side..
Is this worth the money?