The UFO:AI development team is proud to announce the release of UFO: Alien Invasion Version 2.3. Two years in the making, this version features loads of new content, a dramatically improved rendering engine and extensive improvements to nearly every aspect of the game’s campaign and battle systems.
A few highlights of what’s new in version 2.3
* Complete overhaul of the campaign system, so that alien activity changes depending on the player’s actions
* New capabilities for the rendering engine, including bumpmapping, specular lighting, glowmapping, flare support, texture blending and more
* A new tactical overhead map
* Alien bases have been added and the player can mount an assault on them
* Support for crashed UFO missions
* Overhauls of the map editor
* Loads of new maps and new tiles for existing maps that are randomly generated
* New weapons
* New music and sound effects
* And loads of behind-the-scenes optimizations and tweaks for everything from the pathfinding to the user interface
UFO AI v2.3 (Windows)
521.8 MiB - 245 downloads
UFO AI v2.3 (Macintosh)
522.9 MiB - 78 downloads
UFO AI v2.3 (Linux)
476.8 MiB - 65 downloads
UFO AI v2.3 (Source Code)
9.0 MiB - 81 downloads
UFO: ALIEN INVASION is a squad-based tactical strategy game in the tradition of the old X-COM PC games, but with a twist. Our game combines military realism with hard science-fiction and the weirdness of an alien invasion. The carefully constructed turn-based system gives you pin-point control of your squad while maintaining a sense of pace and danger.
Over the long term you will need to conduct research into the alien threat to figure out their mysterious goals and use their powerful weapons for your own ends. You will produce unique items and use them in combat against your enemies. If you like, you can even use them against your friends with our multiplayer functionality.
‘UFO: Alien Invasion’. Endless hours of gameplay — absolutely free.
The game takes a lot of inspiration from the X-COM series by Mythos and Microprose. However, it’s neither a sequel nor a remake of any X-COM or other commercial title. What we as a team wanted to make is a brand new experience that tries to surpass the quality of games from 1992, rather than simply recreate them with flashier graphics.
Single and Multiplayer
You can play UFO: Alien Invasion with your friends via LAN or Internet connection. One player controls a human team while another player takes command of the aliens for a bloody head-to-head battle. UFO:AI also supports cooperative team play with multiple players on both sides, up to a maximum of 3 teams for each side, 6 players total.