Cities in Motion (CIM) is a simulator about mass transportation in a city. The player operates his transportation company building a public network using different types of vehicles, like buses, trams and subway trains.
The Open Beta version of Cities in Motion includes the city of Vienna in sandbox mode along with one scenario – ‘Part with Petrol’. The Beta will run until 20th February 2011.
You can get the Beta Client around various sites on the internet.. here the g4g mirror..
* Explore four different cities: Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin, and Amsterdam
* Engage in a campaign with 12 scenarios, as well as a sandbox mode where all campaign cities are playable
* Experience realistic 3D graphics with more than 100 unique, highly detailed buildings
* Use the advanced map editor to create your own cities
* Immerse yourself in an advanced economic simulator as you struggle with banks and shifting economic trends
* Play through 100 years of transportation history throughout four eras, spanning from 1920 to 2020
* Choose between more than 30 different vehicles based on real-life models of buses, trams, water buses, helicopters, and subways, complete with an underground view
* Meet residents’ travel needs as 7 different social groups exhibit different passenger behaviors
* Experience a real-time city and traffic simulator as each location’s bustling population commutes between their homes, jobs, and leisure sites