Karma: Operation Barbarossa is an alternative-ending World War II multi-player online first person shooter (MMOFPS) developed by Dragonfly, Futureport and Blueside. Karma: Operation Barbarossa is set in an Europe that hasn’t seen the end of the Second World War. The entire continent is under Germany’s unyielding control. As the Axis’ white-knuckled grip threatens to extend East, a bloody strike on the Soviet Union proves imminent. Karma: Operation Barbarossa will be released for PC in late 2009.
(UT40K The Chosen)
Well i am pretty sure that most of you already know UT3 Engine sdk (UDK) are available for everyone, that’s right, theorically everyone now has the power to make games like Gears of War 2..
This means modders can publish (free or commercial) their mods, or startin from scratch create a brand new game! I browsed the net and found this interesting projects.. and you? Do you plan on making a game with UDK?
Here a short list:
Assault Tech 1: Battletech, or AT1:BT for short and as better known, is an independent, non commercial Activision’s MechWarrior 2 series remake using a more advanced DirectX 7 graphics engine, BlitzBasic’s Blitz3D ( Blitzbasic.com )
Not only it includes aspects from the classic game, but combines the best gameplay details from the three most popular MechWarrior games (Mechwarrior 2/3/4) as well as it implements new Classic Battletech rules that were long awaited by most die-hard Battletech fans, and looks forward to include even more control over other types of units aside from the well known ‘Mechs.
Like in the classic game, the storyline-timeline is based around the refusal war between the Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf and also currently including its post-war expansion: Ghost Bear’s Legacy.
Prometheus is a mission-based, single-player co-op game in the spirit of “Portal” and “Mirror’s Edge.” By using the Prometheus Device, players bend the laws of Einsteinian physics using the theory of quantum states, meaning that goals are accomplished by completing missions with your past, present and future selves.
This standalone version of “Prometheus” was created using UDK. You’ll need to keep your wits about you and your memory sharp in solving puzzles presented with this unique game play mechanic. Progression through the story introduces new challenges, with tasks increasing in difficulty, and a final dramatic conclusion questions present loyalties and even your own existence..No Comments »
FPS Creator is now available to download for free!
Over three years in development FPSCreator sets a new benchmark in the game creation market by providing an easy-to-use yet highly flexible editing environment. As its name implies this is a tool for creating action-packed FPS games with no programming or 3D modelling knowledge required.
Using an intuitive and visual Windows interface you literally paint your game world into the scene. A vast range of 3D elements are included allowing you to paint hallways, corridors, gantries, walls, doors, access tunnels, ceilings, lifts, transporters, stairs and more. Segments intelligently attach themselves to each other – paint two corridor pieces side-by-side and they’ll snap together seamlessly. Switch to 3D mode and you drop in on your scene for pixel perfect placement of 3D entities. Place a light-switch on the wall and it’ll intelligently control the dynamic lighting in the room.
CSS SCI FI 3: Hardwired is a single-player modification for Source. Waking up to find himself an augmented clone of Gordon Freeman, the player must fight time-travelling Combine forces and other enemies across 42 unique and replayable missions.
Missions are set in 18 retail and 24 custom Counter-Strike: Source maps, which are installed intact to the player’s CS:S game folder. The mod edits the entity data for each map as it is loaded, adding and modifying entities to create a seamless single-player experience. The maps remain unchanged and are fully playable in Counter-Strike: Source. Maps have been contributed by established designers, including Bluestrike, Schuzak and d00ds.com. Combat locations range from a snow-covered country church to a dense pine forest to a sun-baked tropical island.
Players enter each map through the mission hub and can choose to play each one at a time or all in 3 linked campaigns. Each mission features a series of goals, such as to rescue hostages or destroy targets, which must be completed to move on to the next map or return to the hub. There are multiple approaches to each goal, and in each map the behaviour and armament of enemies and the distribution of resources are randomly determined within defined parameters. Thus, no two plays are the same, making CSS SCI FI a truly replayable single-player experience.
Key features at a glance:
* Requires only Counter-Strike:Source.
* Includes a custom mission hub, weapon test range and full configuration utility.
* Features 42 replayable non-linear missions, each with multiple goals and hidden secret weapons.
The Free Trial is (obviously) limited, but i think it’s pretty good for the casual player. Or maybe not..
CrimeCraft is a Persistent World Next-gen Shooter set in a fictional city in the near future where the price of life is far less than the value of reputation. Players must do whatever it takes to survive amidst the chaos of Sunrise City.
* Crime – Following economic collapse, lawlessness prevailed and the government built Sunrise City as a penal colony to house the increased criminal element. Perform various “tasks” and “jobs” for money and experience which can be used to help you gain a reputation, learn new trade skills and perform new abilities in battle.
* Craft – Use the loot gained from battle to create your own weapons, clothing and performance boosts.
* Unreal Technology – Explore the vast world of Sunrise City beautifully rendered by the powerful Unreal Engine 3.
* Intense TPS action – Battle other players or AI enemies with a wide range of weapons, explosives, abilities, and enhancements at your disposal.
* Pay your way – Flexible payment models that lower the barriers of entry and give players options based on their playing style.
* Personalize – Amazing depth in the variety of clothes, weapons, items, and skills available to distinguish your character and your crew from the masses playing online.
* Team up – Form virtual gangs to build a reputation, assign rankings, pool money and goods, and buy gang hideouts.
* Underground Economy – Control the quality and cost of manufactured items that you create, modify, or repair. Then sell, trade, or auction them to other players on the open black market.2 Comments »
Do you like fast paced deathmatch? How about rich, colorful, arcadelike atmospheres? How about…retro Sci Fi? Then you’re going to love what Alien Arena 2009 has in store for you! This game combines some of the very best aspects of such games as Quake III and Unreal Tournament and wraps them up with a retro alien theme, while adding tons of original ideas to make the game quite unique.
Alien Arena is a fast paced, furious frag fest with arenas ranging from the small, to the massive. With a large built-in player base, it’s never hard to find a good match going on, at any hour of the day. The community is friendly, as well as prolific. Dozens of maps, models, and various accessories have been created by community members to add on to the game experience.
This release fixes some critical bugs with version 7.31, as well as adding some new content and other features.
Some of the new features in this release:
* Fixed bug with Nvidia 191.xx drivers causing game to crash on startup
* Dynamic world shadows using shadowmaps
* Game no longer automatically sets video settings on first run.
* New level, Dm-zion2k9!
* Splash damage triggers hit indicator.
* New spawn effects.